Saturday, June 9, 2018

Free Workshop Fail! Turns into a blessing in disguise

So, I was really pumped up about Saturday mornings workshop, "Catching Quetzalcoatl: Overcoming Writer's Block" a FREE workshop as part of the Poet Laureate series. I got home from work at 3:45AM and set my alarm for 8AM. I woke up, read a little out in my backyard while Lorca and Winston (Schnauzer and Terrier mutt mix respectively) did their business on the nopales and pile of crab grass i'm yet to pick up. Anyways, I showered and put on my new t-shirt (see photo). Drove to Starbucks to get a box coffee for the workshop, they give you cups and sugar and the fixings. Then I headed to De Alba bakery for a delicious mix of pan dulce. Then got to the McAllen Creative Incubator, went up to the classroom and set up. Waited, Waited, here comes Anaia Irish with her cool white framed glasses and sat down to chat with me. 











Workshop was from 10am to 12:30pm, we had coffee and chatted til 12:30pm. 

Thank you Anaia for lifting my spirits today. We talked about life, spirituality, poetry, photography, and then we headed out to Harlingen where she has an exhibit up at Platform 204 called: Soror Dolorosa: Our Sister of Sorrows 
(a few pics only, go out and see this wonderful exhibit)







Then we headed out to have lunch at Rio Grande Grill, where Danyul Wright hooked it up with the Brisket, Anaia got her cajeta fix, Tam visited from San Anto, and Cayetano played the harmonica like a beast.







If you enjoyed this post, please like and share with friends. I will be doing artist interviews, book reviews, prompt posts, and more. 

Look for my new book coming later this month from Hercules Press.

Oh yeah! Here's the Shirt!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where To Catch Me In This Pandemic

  TLA Latino Caucus Presents: Velada Poética Virtual: Latinx Voices to Know Celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month, TLA’s Latino Caucus Round T...